Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happy new year!

I know, I know, it's been forever since I posted on this thing- we weren't really getting many comments, so I haven't been writing much, but I'm willing to give it another shot. If you want me to keep writing in here, start posting some comments! :-)

Well tons of updates to be made on the wedding...
  • The ceremony is going to be at the Vineyard Church in Urbana. Since it's so huge (seats about 1000-1500 people), we're going to have the wedding in a smaller, more intimate room. It's going to be really beautiful!
  • The reception is at the Regent Ballroom in Savoy, just as I posted before. No real updates here, except I hear that it's all booked up through the majority of next year! I'm so happy we got in before everybody else! One of my new co-workers takes ballroom dancing there and says how beautiful it always looks for weddings! They told us that starting in March, they pretty much have a wedding every Saturday and we can stop by and see everything whenever we feel like it. I fully intend to take them up on that to get some ideas on how to set up the reception!
  • I'm going dress shopping next week. I think I have my dress picked out, as I looked at it online and then found it in person and loved it on the hanger. Mom is going to come down and hopefully that will be the end of the dress search! I've also picked out bridesmaid dresses (almost officially) and flower girl dresses are down to two choices. The color is called "merlot" and the lady called it closet to magenta.
  • There will be LOTS of pink flowers, in varying shades. Our florist is very creative and able to work with us in coming up with unique ideas. I just booked the florist today!
I guess that's probably about it for now. Post comments so I know you're checking! :-)

1 comment:

Steve and Jeannie said...

Looks like things are coming together. Keep up the blog.........

If we fly up, is it better for MDW, STL, or INDY?

Have the church and the ballroom plugged into MS Streets so we know where to go when ewe get there.

Steve & Jeannie