Saturday, November 17, 2007

I-L-L...I-N-I!!!

We just got back from a great Illini game. It's so refreshing to see the football team WINNING, and not just one game, but several throughout this season! We've had a great start to the Thanksgiving break- last night Mike and I worked a family volunteer night that I put together at the Y. We had a great turnout, and Mike was a GREAT announcer! It was so good to see these young kids learning how to volunteer, and not just by themselves, but with their parents too! Then today Dad and one of his friends came down, and we met up with Andy and his roommate so we could go tailgating. Couldn't ask for a better day for a football game in November!!!

And now we can begin this busy week off. In the midst of all the wedding excitement, we have a very important move to carry out! On Dec 1, Mike and I are both going to vacate our current apartments and move into our first home together (which happens to be just around the lake from my current apartment). We're going to start with Mike's things first later tonight, and tomorrow, and then move on to packing my things. Just a few short days after we get back from Thanksgiving, we'll have our new keys and will be able to start moving!

On top of packing not one, but two apartments, we're going to start looking at prospective locations for wedding receptions. Since we're still deciding where we'll hold the wedding, we're going to spend Monday afternoon driving around Champaign to three unique venues- first, a historic ballroom, then a banquet facility that happens to be part of a fitness center, and finally a local hotel. Tuesday is travel day- pack up the cat, the dog and enough stuff to last us until the weekend. Wednesday brings more searching for a wedding site in the Chicago area, including one restaurant where I attended a wedding several years back, and remember as very nice, and another place that has beautiful scenery and can accommodate both a ceremony and reception (which I'm finding out many of these places can actually). I'll let you know what we find out on our tours!

No comments: